- This event has passed.
“Smells Like Teen Spirit”: Youth and Young Adult Culture Training
February 10 @ 8:00 am CST - 4:30 pm CST
The SOCAT Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) is hosting a Youth & Young Adult Culture Training that is FREE for all to attend. This training will be for providers and professionals who work with or serve youth and young adults.
- Strengthen their support for young people using new or unfamiliar gender pronouns
- Broaden their understanding of common issues for young people related to gender, gender identity, and the LGBTQPIA-2S+ community
- Acknowledge and begin the work to undo implicit bias
- Recognize unique suicide risk factors for youth
- Identify 3+ specific suicide/crisis resources both Statewide and Nationally
- Understand technology’s impact on youth and young adult mental health
- Recognize how providers can engage and refer youth and young adults to internet safety resources
- Learn the basics of social media engagement, including inbound marketing techniques, and develop creative ways to use social media to impact youth in positive ways.
“Smells Like Teen Spirit”: Youth & Young Adult Culture will include trainings on:
- Words Matter: Gender Pronouns & Bias
- Suicide Prevention among Youth
- Social Media Usage – For Provider & With Youth
Lunch will be on your own.
Snacks and refreshments will not be provided, please bring your own.